Friday, May 1, 2009

More Pictures from Kochi


Looking across the bay in Kochi

Looking through the locked gates of the Dutch Cemetery

I wish I could get in there!!


The Church built in 1503 where Vasco DiGama was burried

Inside where an actual Sunday am service was in progress

The Chinese fishing nets

These rocks counter-balance the net and logs

How to use your head properly.

Dude!

We had to borrow pants to get inside the Jewish Synagogue.
No shorts allowed ...... only 110 F and muggy!! No problem!

Happy Guys!

3 comments:

  1. I see you pulled a "dad"on the boat Randy. Deep in thought!lol Merv, you look like you're adapting well...wearing long pants & long-sleeved shirts by choice, not because of the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil, I like the new addition of commentary with the pics. What's up with the Chinese fishing net? Why is it called that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure where the name comes from, Mr. Sashi told us they had been there for a few hundred years.I assume that there had been chinese people there at some point and started fishing like that. It looked pretty tedious and not many fish caught. I think fish would learn not to swim by the shore as that is where all their friends disappear!!

    ReplyDelete