Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Mountain School in Dhanolti

In the village of Dhanolti, we were walking around, trying to pick a chai shop for breakfast, when I herd some kids voices from up the hill a bit. I went climbing and found this 3 room school. Of course my appearance interrupted their classes but I was greeted with welcome smiles. I asked the teachers if I could take pictures and got some really cute kids. (Now of course, if this was in the US, I would have to get parental release from all these kids to take their pictures. Why do we make life so complicated?) As I'm taking these pictures, I'm always wondering what these kids are going to grow up to be? Our kids here in the west have sooo many more advantages and opportunities that we seem to take for granted. We have many blessings to be thankful for, like being born on the right continent!
These kids were in the middle grades.



This class was the older grades.



These kids were in the youngest grades.

Is she cute or what?!!!

What a smile! Love it.

These two are wondering what the heck I am doing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phil, you've taken some fantastic photos - you should put all the shots of people together in a book when you get back! I'm loving following your trip. Ros x

    ReplyDelete