Saturday, April 11, 2009

D-Day for Merv

Merv arrived here in Abbotsford this afternoon - his first plane flight since the early 80s.  I think he is feeling a bit dazed that this is actually happening - surreal is the word he used.  He actually has the longest time away from home since he left today and does not get home until May 7, just a day short of 4 weeks.  It sounds like his co-workers are totally impressed he could get his 'pass' signed by his wife to be away that long! :-)  He is kinda lucky though - for better or worse he is packed and on his way now.  I'm having trouble getting time to concentrate on my preparations with a big Easter presentation I'm responsible for Sunday.  There is also a party at our place Saturday for 30+ people being held in honor of my 3rd son who is about to leave on a year long round the world trip.  Wow!  And of course like Phil there are taxes to get done - mine plus 5 returns for the rest of my family.

I set up a bunch of weather dashboards on my wife's Mac for all the places we will be hitting.  It is going to be HOT!  Agra, where the Taj Mahal is, hits 114 F next week.  Most places are mid to high 90s although some still dip down to the 5os over night.  My Easter responsibilities are the reason we are leaving so late in the year - May is one of the hottest months - instead of earlier when the temperatures are much more comfortable.   This is going to be a lot easier for the Corpus pair than the 2 of us from the Great White North.  It may be even worse for Merv - he works at a meat packing plant and spends most of his  days in a cooler!


1 comment:

  1. We never saw Merv's Packing List! Did he make it down to one bag plus a carry on?
    Last time we were in Delhi with Pearl and Mike it was 115F. I still remember the feeling of getting off the plane and the heat just hits you like a brick! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete